Friday, February 25, 2005

"Mouthful of cavities, your soul's a bowl of jokes..."

"...and every day you remind me that I'm desperately in need."

Happy Friday, kiddies.

Sorry for the lack of postage today.

Here's the dilly-o:

I'm getting the heat put on at work. My productivity has taken a bit of a drop as of late. (Not because I've been talking to all you beautiful babies online, really; I don't talk to you that often, or for that long, for the most part.) So today I had to put 'er in gear and get some things done. Not that they're all completed, but I wanted to say hi. You know how it is.

So, as such, for the next week or so, my posting may be a bit more scarce (golly, maybe even as little as one post a day!), so bear with me.

As such, that means that the three substantive things I promised on Monday will likely not come to pass this week. I know, I know. I suck. But hopefully that brief dip into the waters of personal frustration during mid-week helped. (Shoot, man, it garnered my highest hit-count ever, I think.)

Speaking of hit-count, I saw that my average daily visits have been climbing in the last few weeks. Clearly, you people have nothing to do, if you keep coming back to my silly old page. But for your continued patronage (and occasional patronism), I thank you. As always, it's for you I do this.

A special greeting to the new readers. You are most welcome, friends. Thank you for stopping by.

I'll tell you what. As a treat to you, I'll whip up something nice at home and bring it in on Monday. It'll be my homework for the weekend. And unlike my practice in college, this assignment will be brilliant AND on time! So there you go. Your boost of hope for the weekend.

(Sidenote: Speaking of "beautiful babies," at a recent VHS tape sale at Blockbuster, I picked up three used flicks: Swingers, Singing in the Rain, and a little classic gem I like to call "MST3K: Pod People." Yeah, I'm that cool.)

Krista, you need to email me sometime. I know, I know, no internet access. Still.

So hey, this is fun: Barring the chance that my major vertebrae suddenly vanish, I'm planning on asking NewGirl to accompany me to a showing of "Hotel Rwanda." I'll let you know how that plays out.

I think that's all I have right now. In closing, I'd like to share with you the playlist for a recent mix CD I made for someone. (I think I may have already discussed this; if not, here you go.) The only thematic structure was songs that I enjoy at the moment (and "not a lot of U2, Dave"). I'm proud of it, and think it is most righteous. (Trav, if it's embarrassingly bad, please be kind.)

1) "Mouthful of Cavities," Blind Melon
2) "All I Want," Toad the Wet Sprocket
3) "Another Horsedreamer's Blues," Counting Crows
4) "This is the Place," Red Hot Chili Peppers
5) "Love is Blindness," (covered by) Sixpence None the Richer
6) "Diamond Dogs," (covered by) Beck
7) "If I Fall," Barenaked Ladies (live)
8) "Paranoid Android," Radiohead
9) "Chelsea," Counting Crows (live)
10) "Smoke," Ben Folds Five
11) "What a Good Boy," Barenaked Ladies (live)
12) "City of Blinding Lights," U2
13) "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" Nirvana (unplugged)
14) "What You Don't Know," Don Chaffer
15) "Linger," Cranberries
16) "Do You Realize?" The Flaming Lips
17) "Somebody Told Me," The Killers

Have a good weekend, my dear friends. Stay safe. Go to church on Sunday. Read the Psalms.

Paz y gracia.

No comments: