Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Dave's List-o-rama

Unabashedly ripping off of Manders, here are a few fun lists of mine. Enjoy. (I didn't do any italicizing or underlining, or any other typographically correct notations for these titles. Sue me.)

Ten Movies Worth Watching (Again)
--in no particular order--

1. Dead Poet's Society
2. Braveheart
3. The Godfather
4. The Emperor's New Groove
5. Blade Runner
6. Tombstone
7. The Philadelphia Story
8. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
9. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
10. Casablanca


Ten Literary Works You Should Have Read Already
--again, no order--

1. The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Beowulf
3. Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
4. Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo
5. The Divine Comedy, by Dante
6. Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
7. Hamlet, by William Shakespeare (maybe ;-o)
8. Death of a Salesman, by Arthur Miller
9. Waiting for Godot, by Samuel Beckett
10. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee


Ten Albums that You Should Listen to, at least once (more)
--still, orderless--

1. Coldplay, "A Rush of Blood to the Head"
2. Counting Crows, "August and Everything After"
3. Pink Floyd, "Dark Side of the Moon"
4. Audio Adrenaline, "Underdog"
5. Waterdeep, "Everyone's Beautiful"
6. The Beatles, "Revolver"
7. U2, "All that You Can't Leave Behind"
8. Switchfoot, "The Beautiful Letdown"
9. Rich Mullins, "A Liturgy, A Legacy, and A Ragamuffin Band"
10. The Waiting, "Blue Belly Sky"


and finally...

WOO HOO...
Top Five Favorite old-school Nintendo games
--definitely in order--

5. Contra (what took hours in middle school now takes roughly ten minutes to finish)
4. Goonies II (what happened to the Goonies I game? just kidding...)
3. Blades of Steel (hockey goodness!)
2. Tecmo Super Bowl (I will never remember Brotherhood dorm without remembering Tecmo... hut-hut-hut-hut-hut...)

and number one... what else...

1. The Legend of Zelda (still frustrates me... I'm that sad...)


SO there you go friends. As far as controversial content on my list items, I made these lists based on what I think is cool or good, not on what is safe for the whole family. Use your judgement accordingly, and look only to your own conscience. And I DID edit my original lists, actually. Some of the stuff I liked on the movie list would have brought some comments (no, it's not THAT bad).

Much love. Later.

No comments: