Thursday, April 17, 2003

Lessons about Taming the Tongue, part two...

I was informed, much to my surprise, that my Houston readership was larger than expected. I was also informed that my language in the last few posts has gotten quite out of hand. Yes, this is true, and i'm sorry for any offense because of that.

I went back and "edited" the last post through the cunning use of asterisks. I didn't remove the offensive words, because sometimes you just can't escape the perfect term, even if it is offensive. I truly believe that term fit my recent behavior.

However, i am once again shamefaced for actions that have shocked and upset. Sorry friends. My language is one bad habit that i have been trying unsuccessfully to kick, and in times of extreme stress, it comes out. My continued working in a decidedly secular environment is not helping at all. But that is of course no excuse.

So, Houston readers, thank you very much for checking in with me, and I promise to keep myself in check when it comes to this site. And if you know of anyone turned off by my latest burst of profanity, who wouldn't read this page again, please convey my apologies to them as well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to try to make it through the next twenty-four hours without saying or doing anything else to alienate the other people in my life. Thanks.

No comments: