Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Word.

(Short post, since I'm actually being covert, during a meeting. But I feel the need to share.)

I haven't shared a whole lot of spiritual stuff lately, but I wanted to pass this along. Something wonderful has been happening lately: I've developed a hunger for Scripture again. For those of you who may be outside the faith, this may sound really strange, but it's the coolest feeling. It's like falling in love, where your thoughts are always drawn back to the object of your affection.

Lately, I've been reading a bit of Psalms, Proverbs, and I Kings. And I've been really digging it.

I know these things go in seasons, and frankly, I've just come out of a season where I had no strong desire to read the Word. When I forced myself to read it, it was dry and lifeless to me. But I think, in my case, that was because I was the dry and lifeless one. So often, when we have trouble getting excited about the Word of God, it may be because there's something in us that's standing in our way.

At any rate, I'm really excited about what God is showing me and will continue to show me in the coming days. So, I wanted to share that.

related: Can you actually be guilty of "worshipping" the Bible? Tim Challies discusses this.

No comments: