Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"I put my post upon the page--when I link, you link, we link..."

No, I haven't forgotten you.

I pray you all are well.

Posts later this week (tomorrow if meetings permit, or Thursday). Meanwhile, interesting links to check out and DISCUSS BELOW (hint, hint).

  • This makes me laugh. It's so hard to practice diplomacy with fictional kingdoms. (h-t: Pop Candy)
  • This is an important story and should be more widespread than it is. For too long, we've ignored Chinese human rights violations for the sake of commerce. We need to decide what's more important to us--people or profits. (Sadly, in many places, I think we already know the answer to that.)
  • Here's a great article about embracing the gift of solitude as part of our spiritual journey. Though written for singles, the principles of the article cross marital lines.
  • Vince Young or Reggie Bush? Tim Gerheim at Fox Sports gives his solution. (Personally, I think the Texans should pick one and trade him for Ohio State's A. J. Hawk and an offensive lineman. But that's just me.)
  • More singles essays: Camerin Courtney and Todd Hertz assess "the State of the Date."
  • Slate rips on whiny twentysomethings. And personally, I think they have a point.
  • Centurion rips on the Christian Booksellers Association. Again, a good point.
  • And, I'm a week early, but I want to wish everyone a Happy Wintereen-mas.

No comments: