Tuesday, June 07, 2005

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

I just got off the phone with my boss. Apparently, his supervisor has been getting complaint(s) from other employee(s) in my department about the way I interact with them. Yet she (the supervisor) has given us no further explanation as to what I've done that has upset people.

I don't understand.

I say "please" and "thank you." I am patient with stupidity. If I tease, I tease lightly, and then follow-up with reaffirmation that everything is fine.

I'm a passionate person, and I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. It's something I have to watch out for, because when I have a bad day, people notice. But at the same time, I never take it out on people in the office.

I just don't understand.

But yet, if someone is offended, no matter how innocuous the interchange, it is my fault. I'm the bad guy.

Well, bump that.

I'm a good employee, I work well with others, and I get the job done.

If I'm aggravated with you, it's almost assured that it's because you've done something stupid that's affecting my work.

Do your job, follow the system, and we shall be at peace, you and I.

But if you screw up, don't get mad at me for being frustrated with you.

No comments: