Thursday, June 30, 2005

Thursday Thirteen

Manders came up with a good one: 13 favorite song lines. I'll only claim these are 13 of my favorites. The first 13 I can think of.

1. "I wish i could fly, from this building, from this wall/And if I should try, will you catch me if I fall?"--When I Fall, by Barenaked Ladies
2. "Margery's wingspan's all feathers and coke cans/And TV dinners and letters she won't send..."---Another Horsedreamer's Blues, by Counting Crows
3. "Love is clockwork and cold steel, fingers too numb to feel..."---Love is Blindness, by U2
4. "Love is automatic, love is broken glass on the ground..."---Love is Automatic, by Seth Woods
5. "Those who say the past is not dead can stop and smell the smoke..."---Smoke, by Ben Folds Five
6. "You could have it all, my empire of dirt/I will let you down, I will make you hurt..."---Hurt, as performed by Johnny Cash
7. "Beneath the paint and armor in your eyes, the truth still shines/Jane be Jane..."---Jane, by Ben Folds
8. "It's never over, all my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder..."---Lover, You Should've Come Over, by Jeff Buckley
9. "And has two hands and two feet and a long lovely side/And rose three days after he was crucified..."---And, Waterdeep
10. "Somehow I'm gonna get up from this car wreck/Somehow I'll get up and walk away..."---What You Don't Know, by Don Chaffer
11. "Did I take too long, did i get it wrong?/You're still the missing line in my favorite song..."---Lifelong Fling, by Over the Rhine
12. "I hitched a ride, I was a beggar/I had murder on my hands..."---Amazing Grace, Jars of Clay
13. "I don't get many things right the first time/In fact, I am told that a lot/Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here..."---The Luckiest, Ben Folds

No comments: