Friday, December 19, 2003

"Oh, I've seen Fire and I've seen Rain..."

No specific reason for the James Taylor reference. Just what's on the (internet) radio.

Another week done, eh? Guess what? It's six (five and a half?) days until Christmas. So, in case I don't get to it (I'm sure I will), Merry Christmas, or whatever particular holiday you choose to acknowledge. Hannuakah. Kwaanza. Boxing Day. Whatever. Happy general non-offensive holiday.

Oh, oh, and for my friends in Loveland, Colorado, "Happy Jesus-palooza".

Um... general announcements: You only have six (five and a half) days left to vote in the "What should Dave's new facial hair "look" be?" contest. It's somewhere in the last few weeks. The official post, that is. So you can still vote there. Or you can just vote here. Also good.

Greetings to the new readers (a.k.a. the people I didn't realize popped in from time to time). Many thanks to Ryan, who corrected my misinformed musical references. For the record, "Down with the Sickness" is Disturbed, not Tool. Greetings as well to Lindsay E and any other former students who are checking out the site still. I'm happy you have stuck around. Feel free to sign in below, leave a "shout out", as the kids say.

Um. Plans for the weekend: Babysitting tonight (watching "Freaky Friday"--fun times). Going to the dollar theater tomorrow to see "School of Rock" or "Radio" with my sis. Hanging out with His Eminence, The Mike, tomorrow night. Church and chores on Sunday.

I only have two days of work next week. Hoo-ah!

New CD of the Month: "Welcome Interstate Managers" by Fountains of Wayne.
Okay okay, so I'm a trend-hopper. But not even counting the ever-funny "Stacy's Mom", this is a great album. Very catchy pop-rock, hook-filled and fun. Good driving music. "Hackensack" and "Halley's Waitress" are really good. And Stacy's Mom has got it going on. So there.

If you haven't seen Return of the King, SHAME! SHAME ON YOU!!! HOW CAN YOU LOOK YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR? GEEZ... I'M JUST--I DON'T KNOW, DISGUSTED...

I hope for your sake that the previous scolding doesn't apply to you. If it does, see above.

Cold Mountain is a great book. You should read it.

Okay, that's it. I'm going home. It's almost five. I've done my time.

Have a good weekend, kids.

No comments: