Sunday, August 03, 2003

Songs of the Week, or "I'm just a girl..."

(for fun and discussion, not deep meaning)

Last week, it was "The Best Thing" by Paige Lewis, and "Act the Scat" by DMHO. (The links are over there -->). I forgot to mention. heh.

This week, two secular songs (sorry) that I'm jamming to:

"Can't Stop" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

I know, I know, they're very perverse normally, and no, I don't recommend buying their music, but this song is so infectious and cool that every time I hear it on the radio, I turn it up full and sing at the top of my voice. It's a fun bounce-around song. So sue me.

"Don't Speak" by No Doubt

No, seriously. Has to be one of the most perfect (anti-?)love ballads ever written. The tune is awesome, Gwen Stefani (*swoon*) has a great voice, and the whole vibe of the song is just perfect. Don't believe me? Okay then, I want all of you (you know who you are) who have the song on CD or MP3 to stop and listen to it right now. I dare you. You'll see exactly what I mean. If you can, turn it up kinda loud, so you can hear the richness of the instrumentals. Trust me, you'll thank me later. If not for the new-found appreciation for the song, at least for the wicked-cool mid-90's flashback.


Guess that's it. Party on, Wayne.

No comments: