Monday, August 25, 2003

But let's not stop there!!!

In addition to my college soundtrack, I include below the soundtrack to "Adulthood: Year One"(double-disc).

(Note: I could list Counting Crows' entire library of music, but I'll refrain. Just understand that they are my absolute favorites, and they go without saying.)

In no order, with less explanation:

DISC ONE

1. "This is Your Life" by Switchfoot--"...are you who you want to be?"

2. "A Blank Page Empire" by Further Seems Forever

3. "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan--"...how does it feel..."

4. "The Scientist" by Coldplay--"Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard..."

5. "At Least I Got a Car" by Waterdeep--you're right, Manders, this one rocks.

6. "Don't Dream It's Over" by Sixpence None the Richer--originally by Crowded House, kids, let's not forget... and still a great song.

7. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley--one of the saddest, most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

8. "A Good Year for the Roses" by Elvis Costello--almost too country but still so good... (Honestly, I'm partial to the Counting Crows' cover of this tune, but you have to give credit where it's due.)

9. "Richard Manuel is Dead" by Counting Crows--okay, I'll list a few of theirs. This is my current favorite from Hard Candy.

10-11. "Get Down" and "The Good Life" by Audio Adrenaline--I rediscovered the Underdog album recently. These songs are so great.

DISC TWO

12. "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana--from uplifting to nihilistic depression. Nirvana rocks. I'm sorry, but they did. And this song is one of my favorites.

13-15. Ben Folds Five medley: "Missing the War", "Evaporated", "The Last Polka"-- You figure it out.

16. "Mr. Jones" by Counting Crows--the acoustic version from the live album is so perfect and sad. Lucas said once that it embodies the feeling of disappointed dreams. Yeah. I get that too.

17-18. "Silver Street" and "Steven's Last Night in Town" by Ben Folds Five--snuck two more in. These are the "return to OBU" songs. They're right, kids, you can never go back. It's always a weird feeling when I go back there. But I keep going. I think because I have no other friends.

19. "October" by Seth Woods--just a great song. The links somewhere on the right, check him out, he's awesome.

20. "Perfect Blue Buildings" by Counting Crows--"gotta get me a little oblivion baby, to keep myself away from myself and me..." Right on, Adam. I'm totally on that page sometimes.

No comments: