- Lots of links today will relate to the upcoming spring TV season, so here's a handy-dandy ("Notebook?"), no, calendar of your favorite shows' returns.
- Show I can't wait for #1--LOST. Here are a couple of spoilery articles, and a few spoilery videos.
- Show I can't wait for #2--Smallville. Here's one of the teaser trailers. (Here's another.)
- Speaking of Smallville, here's a clip of Kristin Kreuk (Smallville's "Lana") in her new film, a reboot of the "Street Fighter" film franchise, in which she plays Chun-Li. (The trailer is in Japanese, yes, but it still looks cool.)
- Here's a classic David Letterman sketch that makes me laugh every time--Dave running the Taco Bell drive-thru.
- This is for you folks who get misty-eyed during the Oscars' "In Memoriam" sequence--the Turner Classic Movies' version. It's amazing how many notable stars passed away last year.
- Best Photo Gallery honors go to the cast of How I Met Your Mother, re-enacting notable recent images from news and pop culture.
- When you want to put the past year in perspective, there's only one distinguished, historical, and entirely even-handed source to turn to: humorist Dave Barry. This is your PBB Mandatory Reading of the Day.
- I'm convinced this rock anthem should be the theme song for global warming alarmists. (Warning: the video is silly and outrageous in a vaguely scandalous way. FYI.)
- Re: the above--I'm joking. Calm down. (But honestly, it's the song that immediately pops into my head when people start talking about how we gotta "do something" about the environment.)
- Here's NPR's list of the best music of 2008.
- Don't know if you're familiar with the "literal video version" craze on Youtube. It's pretty much music videos by famous rock bands, with the lyrics change to reflect what's actually going on in the video. While this one's still my favorite, these two of Radiohead have caught my eye recently. There are a bunch of copycats online now, but when it's done well, this stuff is brilliant.
That's all, folks. Enjoy your afternoon.
Post a Comment