Tuesday, August 15, 2006

This Week in Free Music

I was getting worried about the AOL free streaming music page, when I pulled up the page and was confronted with the Abomination(TM) . However, if you get past the initial fright, there are some great albums available this week, including:

  • Yanni Live! ...I'm kidding. Unless you're into that. But I hope not.
  • Bernard Fanning. Not bad, but it kind of blends into the background after a while.
  • The Panic Channel. Apparently, Dave Navarro can do more these days than leer at Brooke Burke. This is a good album here. Of course, I'm no metalhead, so my tastes aren't as discerning.
  • The Monkees. C'mon, you know you want to. It's okay. The Monkees rule.
  • Elliot Morris. Consider this the "PBB Pick" of the week. This is a really great album. The AOL page describes his music as "southern Counting Crows," which naturally caught my attention. But it's got a lot more of Nickel Creek and Grant-Lee Phillips, too. Really solid. I'll be listening to this one a few more times this week.

What's great is, Elliot Morris is touring with the Counting Crows and Goo Goo Dolls. I think that pretty much cinches it; I'm going to the Crows show next month. Anybody wanna come with?

No comments: