Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Guilty Pleasure Alert

I feel a little guilty for admitting this, but I have to say, I've found a new fave g.p. band.

Family Force Five!

I have no business enjoying this band. It's cheesy, pseudo-hard-punk goofiness. I first heard their track "Replace Me" on a Christian Rock radio station, and loved it.

I'm trying to describe this band, but I just don't have the words. I mean, their 80's-inspired video "Love Addict" has people in giant heart costumes, an old-school hip-hop backbeat, breakdancing robots, roller-rink-reject dancing girls, and fighting ninjas.

Their video has freaking NINJAS.

Basically, if I were all doped up on hallucinogenic painkillers, this is the kind of band i would envision. A blend of 80's metal, indie rock, Beastie Boys, neo-punk, and crazy screaming hard rock.

With ninjas.

Just go to their Myspace and give it a listen. First, stop the automatic music player and scroll down to watch the video (about halfway down the page). Then listen to their tracks.

"Hold up, wait a minute, put a little LOVE in it!!!"

No comments: