Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Brief Rock Star Comments

I've tried writing this post twice, and Blogger died on me twice. So for numero three-o, I'm going to give you a short, bulleted list, and promise the fuller, "real" recap of Rock Star Week 7 man-ya-na.

So, to wit:
  • Best performance was Magni, and he should get the encore. The encore will go to Dilana, though.
  • Just then, I first typed "Jill" when I meant "Dilana," which gives you an indication of my opinion of her.
  • Ryan did amazing. I loved the song, and I'm not a Phil Collins fan.
  • Storm had a lousy song to work with, and she'll unfairly suffer for it.
  • Zayra's original was beautiful and well-sung. She's still wrong for this band, though.
  • I have said before that Lukas was a strong contender. I have changed my mind. He's a one-trick pony, and he doesn't have enough versatility to justify fronting the band. The new front-runner, as far as I'm concerned, is Magni--as well it should be.
  • Bottom Three: Patrice, Zayra, and either Storm (for her lousy song choice) or Lukas (for his mediocre performance). Shouldn't be Storm, but that seems more likely. However, Storm will sing her way out easily, Patrice will slide by, and the axe will FINALLY fall on the Z.
So it shall be written, so it shall be done. Better recap tomorrow, including how NOT to party in Vegas, and why punk clergymen are lamer than hipster zebras, when it comes to fashion. ("Turn left!")

No comments: