Monday, November 29, 2004

The One Where He Doesn't Meet Miss Right

I've gotten to know a girl recently who is not Miss Right (if such a person exists).

I've been talking to her for the past few weeks. I mentioned her to a few of you, in email correspondence.

She's not my soul-mate, or perfect match, or any such thing. I don't think I'll ask her out. But something about her keeps drawing me back. I believe I even expressed mild irritation to one of you, on this regard. I don't know what it is about her that keeps me interested.

We don't have much at all in common. Few common interests.

I don't "like like" her. She's a sweet person, and I enjoy her company. But she's not "The One," Morpheus, so don't get ideas.

I was praying for her last night, about some things she shared with me over lunch (a group lunch).

As I was praying, I stopped and asked God, "what is it about this girl that keeps her in my mind?" And the reply was, "You see Me in her, Dave. That's the difference. You're responding to her heart for Me. The woman I'm leading you to will have this very quality."

"That's it, isn't it?"

"Yeah. And you know what this means?"

"What?"

"You're a step closer."

Wow. Awesome.

I haven't met Miss Right (or "the future Mrs. Teachedave", if you prefer). But I've found another piece of the puzzle. An obvious piece, yes. But experienced in a different way, you could say. I've never been attracted to someone's soul before.

And now I'm one step closer to knowing.

No comments: