Monday, February 09, 2009

Evidence of God's Grace: Health

Despite being 200+ pounds overweight, my BP is 120/80 and my cholesterol sits at 200. The HDL and triglycerides are a tad high, but other than that, I'm good. No diabetes, no problems of any kind (other than the tendon issues in my foot).

So, in other words, despite my best foolishness to do otherwise, God has kept me alive and in good health long enough for me to come to my senses, commit to get healthy, and add years back to my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Good news. :D

LeLe said...

That's awesome, Dave. I don't know about you, but after my mom had a heart scare about a month ago and found out everything was really healthy, it made her want to ensure that she stays healthy. There's something about knowing that you're doing better than you expected and you want to keep it that way (or at least, not make it worse).

Jennie said...

Very cool.

Matt said...

High HDL is actually a good thing. You don't want it to go down. :)