Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fa La La La La

I'm not a "Christmas Music" guy. My mom is big into Christmas music. She's one of these folks who eagerly anticipate when the local soft-rock station switches over to nothing but Christmas music on Thanksgiving Day (or earlier, if you can believe that). And believe me when i tell you, if you switch the channel anytime before December 26, you get the stink-eye and possibly a punch in the arm.

Me? Not so much. I think the last Christmas album I was REALLY into was "Yo Ho Ho," which happened right at the cusp of my burgeoning appreciation for early 90's Christian rap.

I do love some Sinatra or Bing Crosby, and I liked Sufjan's Christmas collection, so it's not that I hate Christmas music. But I'd never really been a "fan" or said, "I can't wait until I can pick up that album!"

But I have to admit, the new Relient K Christmas project, "Let it Snow, Baby... Let it Reindeer," with its really neat original songs, is a project I'm looking forward to picking up and enjoying through the season.

You can listen to it here on AOL. It's the fifth album shown there on the scroll bar, with the baby-blue cover.

Check it out. Get in the spirit of the thing. It's not that early for Christmas music, is it?

No comments: