Monday, May 07, 2007

Poetry Corner

"The Day That I De-linked Zach Braff"

It was sunny, and it was warm.
A plain Monday, and true to form,
My day's work was not done by half--
The day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

I did not think the few that read
My blog would notice what I did.
I pondered not the aftermath--
The day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

I did not mean to diss ZB.
None dug "Garden State" like me!
I tossed no babies with the bath,
the day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

I was merely cleaning out
My blogroll, which had grown too stout.
I excised other stale riff-raff,
the day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

Goodbye, Homestar, good luck, Jenn,
Farewell, Amy, so long, Glenn,
Many sites fond mem'ries hath--
the day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

But ZB, I have been remiss--
I never rented "The Last Kiss."
And I doubt "The Ex" will make me laugh.
And I don't care for "Scrubs," Z. Braff.

Also, I hated "Chicken Little"
To the extreme--I claim no middle;
It bored me like old homemade taffy,
my doe-eyed, sensitive hipster Braffy.

And fact is, if not for the tunes
That made all "Garden State" fans swoon,
I wouldn't have thought it a gaff
the day that I de-linked Zach Braff.

And yet, when all was done and said,
I destroyed all my indie cred.
There goes making the McSweeney's staff,
thanks to the day I de-linked Braff.

So, you young bloggers, pay attention,
And always give Zach Braff a mention,
Or you'll feel hipster culture's wrath,
the day that you de-link Zach Braff.

No comments: