Monday, March 12, 2007

Postponed-Appointment TV

Ugh. Just when I'm gearing up for another fine week of TV viewing, I find out that many of my shows are in reruns or, worse, are pre-empted for stupid things. Fifteen hours of "Deal or No Deal"? March Madness? American friggin Idol?!?

Maybe I watch too much TV. This is probably true. I mean, I keep up with... only 9 or 10 programs, all told. And a solid half of them are on short hiatus this week, have already ended their season (I miss "The Class" already), or are showing re-runs in order to not lose new viewers to friggin Idol.

Fortunately, thanks to Netflix, I have six or seven episodes of "Firefly" waiting for me at home, to fill those unspent TV hours that would have otherwise been wasted.

I don't have a problem. I can quit anytime. Really.

Okay, no "maybe." I do watch too much TV. You know what? I hereby resolve to watch less TV.

Starting in June... after the seasons end...

C'mon, don't look at me that way--I just have to know what happens to Ted Moseby / Peter Petrelli / Jack Bauer / The Donnelly Brothers / Rory-Logan and Lorelai-Luke / House's addiction / The Losties and the Others / Clark Kent, Our Saint of Perpetual Pining.

READER QUIZ QUESTION: Time to fess up to your "appointment TV" program(s) of choice. What shows do you make sure to watch every week?

I just need to know I'm not the only one.

No comments: