Monday, March 24, 2008

Seems like it's been a long time...

...since I've really said anything around here. I don't know why. Maybe I got scared of pouring so much out here. (Not likely.) Maybe I just got lazy. Blogging, as ephemeral a medium as it may be, is still taxing. Either way, I've been silent for a bit too long.

It's the end of the day, so I won't get all philosophical on you. That may come later. But for now, here's what's going on in my world.

--Easter is here finally. Christ has risen and I am restored. Hallelujah. But what does that mean for me now, today, Monday? How does the Resurrection change my life between Sundays? That's the question I haven't really been asking myself for years, and the one I should have been thinking about all along.

--D. Johnson, if you somehow read this, know that Jesus is real, and that He loves you and understands your doubt. He calls you to know Him better and more. He wants to strengthen your faith. But you have to be willing to let Him. Too many people, when doubting, are afraid to stop doubting, because the repercussions are too costly. Doubt is free; belief is pricey. But the cost of faith is worthwhile, for the reward of faith is priceless: finally seeing what (and Whom) you first believed without seeing. I look forward to that great and glorious day, and I look forward to seeing you there.

--Baseball starts in a week. I'm hoping to conduct myself better this year, to enjoy it within its right and good order of priority. May baseball make me glad, but may the Cross make me cheer.

--I'm back on the diet. Sort of. Easter weekend was a bit of a loss. Too much candy, and good food, and too little control. But I need to get in shape, to take care of the body I've taken for granted for twenty-odd years. Let food be my fuel, and Christ be my feast. Maybe that's the best thing I took away from Lent, despite my many failings during its exercise.

--I'm writing again, a little. It's hard to get back into the habit. I'll show you some of it soon.

--I fully intend to ask a certain girl out to coffee this evening, and I have no idea how she will respond. It's possible I will completely chicken out, but I'm tired of being scared or uneasy, so my goal is to just get on with it, spit it out, and deal with the consequences. "If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly." Or somesuch saying.

--Blogwars are stupid. Blogwars between Christians are double-stupid. Blogwars between Christians that become full-on multi-year feuds are triple-stupid. Don't be triple-stupid, no matter if you're a "believing Roman soldier" or an "online cloistered brother." (Ah, what's the use, neither of you will see this anyway.)

--I love Jesus, but not enough. And it shows.

--I have a reputation at my work for being able to spot a bawdy pun or double entendre from a mile off. Much to my deep embarrassment, my coworkers (all of them outside the faith) insist that I'm the dirty-mindedest of them all. It's a fair charge, and I repent of it. I confess this before you, my friends and family. I thought I was just being clever, but I was really just being corrupted. And this has become the frontline of my inner spiritual battle. Please pray for me.

--I'm going to Bible study. Have a good night.

No comments: