Wednesday, November 01, 2006

No stories yet.

I don't have a whole lot of ABQ stories, because there wasn't that much going on. However, I'll spin whatever tales I can in the next day or two.

But I wanted to toss some things out there for you guys to talk about.

1) I've been reading a handful of books recently that are about spiritual growth, leadership, and other such topics. And I get the feeling that I'm rushing through them, that I'm not giving them enough thought, even though I'm not particularly speed-reading through them.

One idea I had was to start journaling my thoughts and responses to this type of instructional reading, as a way of digesting and remembering the ideas I'm taking in. This would be a paper-only, strictly offline diary. I may occasionally blog about what I'm reading, but the unedited response writing would be for me alone.

Have any of you done something like that before? Does it help you process these ideas better, or help you to make changes in your life and thinking based on these ideas?

2) In that same vein, have any of you ever tried keeping some sort of spiritual journal before, where you write down what's going on in your daily walk? Is it helpful to your growth, or do you find it to be an exercise of self-centeredness?

Your input on either/both of these ideas is much appreciated.

No comments: