- Sometimes the first step is to admit you have a problem.
- In case you haven't seen her, Hayden Couri really is the cutest baby in the world.
- Theological Ninjas hold "real ultimate truth." And I'm really hoping this is satire, and not another "Slice"-like sincere hysterical.
- Interesting article on the meaning of Dylan's album "Blonde on Blonde" and what it may say about his spiritual journey.
- Peter Suderman (writer of the really interesting culture blog, Alarm-Alarm) addresses the latest batch of "adultescent" movies, including Zach Braff's "The Last Kiss." Interesting look at these types of films. Even as a fan of "Garden State," I can appreciate his analysis.
- More Suderman: this time, a review of The Prestige, which I hope to see sometime in the next week or two.
- One of the links in the above article is to a wiki article about "steampunk." I've been familiar with the concept, but never knew the term. Very interesting.
- Self-promotion flashback: Remember when I used to do Thursday Brown-bag Poetry?
- A really great post from Frank over at Pyromaniacs about the whole Mark Driscoll issue. I appreciate Frank's approach. Good stuff here.
- Oklahoma City is becoming just a little cooler, as a street in downtown is being renamed to honor The Flaming Lips.
- 3-D Vertigo? Heck yes! Heck yes I will!
- And the PBB "Lamewad of the Month" award goes to the Planet Fitness gym in Wappinger Falls, NY, and its ludicrous "no grunting" policy. Discrimination against "muscleheads" is NEVER okay. SHAME ON YOU!!!
Friday, November 03, 2006
For the None-of-the-Aboves: Linky-Dinky!
Things to read on your Friday: