Monday, April 14, 2003

"You who say the past is not dead, stop and smell the smoke..."

What can one say about being absent from this blogging addiction for a whole month? I won't bother. I've apologized so much in my life for stuff like this. You who know me understand or at least acknowledge that this is part of the "dave persona". Good or bad. Both.

So. Updates. I'll give you some, I suppose. I am on the verge of finishing a three-and-a-half week temp job grading essay questions on tenth grade standardized tests. The only comment i can make without being in breach of the countless disclosure forms I signed, is, I'm never letting any of my progeny or any close friends' offspring attend public schools in the state of Florida. Shameful. Just shameful.

On the homefront, I've been under the threat of eviction only twice in the past month, which is pretty good for me. I think working so much has something to do with it--less contact with the parents, less chance of pissing them off. Ah, family life.

As for the war: I'm happy we haven't lost as many troops as some predicted. But it's not over, so i'm going to keep praying. You do the same.

Creatively, I've been more productive than I have in the past year or more. As in actual production, not just ideas. It's not much, but I'm happy with most of it.

Personally...well...nevermind.

Oh. Email notice. Because of the unfortunate server crash, i've lost my entire addressbook. I need anyone who still reads this (all two of you--yeah for loyal original readership!) to send me all the emails of people who you think i'd actually want to contact. Manders, don't bother with the current CCCS crowd, I know they've already forgotten about me.

And the Big Big news. I am returning one more time to those charming hills of central Oklahoma, where the bison once wallowed. Yes, friends, "Steven's Last Night in Town" so to speak. I'll be in Shawnee from April 25 to probably the 29th, depending on how the visit should go. And I am making an appointment to be in the Rainbow at midnight that Friday, so if you're interested in saying hi, feel free to stop by.

Anything else? Nothing that I can think of.

Does anyone smell something burning?

No comments: