- For you grammar nerds, here's a Slate article about the death of the semicolon.
- This is a neat little diversion. Create your own "word cloud." Here's one of my emoriffic post from last week.
- You know you want to see Lou Piniella and Ozzie Guillen rapping.
- If you're a fan of My Morning Jacket, here are links to their full 3-hour Bonnaroo set.
- Bloggers, beware the overshare: A NYT article about the dangers of mixing relationships and blogging. It ain't pretty.
- Joss Whedon, the genius behind "Firefly," is creating an web series called (not kidding) "Dr. Horrible's SingAlong Blog." It stars Nathan Fillion (Mal!) and Neil Patrick Harris (Barney!). Looks...kinda awesome, actually. Here's the teaser trailer.
- This is a fascinating and sad story: the boy who thought 9/11 was his fault.
- I kind of love this song.
- Is it okay to totally geek out about The Dark Knight yet? Because Peter Travers of Rolling Stone freaking loves the film.
- Batman Fans: Here's a preview of the new Batman anime collection, "Gotham Knight."
- Fun link with video: Lamest uses of the Matrix "bullet-time" effect.
- Bizarre director Michel Gondry (of the amazing "Eternal Sunshine," the disappointing "Science of Sleep," and the pleasantly satisfactory "Be Kind Rewind") gives his list of the top 25 favorite music videos.
- Non-political "Daily Show" video: an interview with "Wanted" star James McAvoy. Fun interview.
- Political "Daily Show" videos: Campaign Finance, Candidate's Wives, and "Obama is rich!"
- Trick yourself into saving money.
- And sadly, the last link I had for you today has been pulled. There was a site called StarWarsCrawl.Com, in which you could create your own "crawl" title cards complete with the star background and Star Wars music. Stupid LucasFilm and its intellectual property laws. Share the wealth, George!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Some things for your Friday evening and Saturday afternoon.