I know that I post quite a few videos on this blog-o-rama, almost too many sometimes. Once i figured out how to import Youtube, the floodgates were pretty much opened. But this is basically because when I find funny or interesting things, I want to share them, you know? As if you were sitting next to me at the computer, and I was saying to you, "I think this is hilarious, and that is cool, and I love this song, and that moves me, and this offends me..."
But I think all the video linkage may become overkill if it drowns out the "real" posts. And it seems like, for all my efforts, fewer people are reading and commenting, and I wonder if that's part of it. Maybe i'm overthinking it and should stop watching stats. I don't know. Just let me know if you're sick of the vids.
I know, this is a weird way to start what is about to become a run-of-the-mill PBB linky-love post, but I wanted to get that out there. Because, as I've said, this blog thing is about me talking to you and sharing with you some part of who I am and what drives me. But if you're bored with the subject or format, we can change it sometimes. So, you know, whatever.
- My birthday's coming up in about six weeks. I'm just sayin'.
- I was excited to hear that I can expect a new album (and another live album) by Counting Crows in the near future. I remember when "Hard Candy" was released (five years ago!). I actually got up early and went to the store first thing in the morning. They hadn't even unpacked it from the hand-cart yet, I had to dig through a few boxes before finding it. And I'll be honest, though some tracks stood out, it took me a little while to warm up to the album on the whole. So I've learned to have a little patience with the bands I've liked for a long time, and to moderate my expectations.
- More details on the J.J. Abrams monster movie that I've mentioned before. I'm still pretty stoked. [triple h-t: Pop Candy]
- Videos: The Season 2 Promo for "Heroes"; and an awesome clip of Barenaked Ladies singing a "bluegrass" version of "One Week" (trust me, it's worth it).
- Team Redd dropped two great links this week: a Chick-Fil-A free giveaway, and an article about the Harry Potter series being dreadful and vulgar (in a good way).
And two more links, each worthy of full attention and deep thought: