Thursday, July 15, 2004

Coming Soon

I've been thinking about some things lately, regarding the state of the world and whatnot. I've gotten into discussions with people on other sites about political issues, and yet haven't address any here in a while. Probably part of that deep down is that I try to avoid pissing off my readers. A natural thing for a writer to do. But not a brave thing.

I'm working up the nerve to address some topics seriously here, concerning the issues facing this country. I say "nerve" but a better word would be "stomach." I hate arguing online. It's stupid and pointless. And believe it or not (those of you who've known me for a while), I'm not really one to seek out debates anymore. A lot of this is because American politics is so polarized, that each side is better served screaming at a fire hydrant than trying to persuade the other. And I just don't need the stress.

But I feel like something needs to be said. Not necessarily by me--I'm no fount of wisdom. But I've sniped a while without really joining the discourse. Or I've joined and quickly retreated. And if I believe what I believe, I really need to get into it a little more. At least for a while.

I don't know, I may just chicken out and talk about minor things forevermore. Most of you know me, know where I stand, so what I have to say won't surprise you greatly. I don't know why I feel compelled to address political/social issues, in that case.

I'm babbling. Enough babbling.

Look for some essays in the coming weeks. I need to get this all out, for me, if not for you.

No comments: